05 June, 2010

Drunks Scare Me

Last Wednesday I came to the Library to return and check out some books. I was waiting outside for Rich to come pick me up so we could go to our weekly session of Greek Game. I was browsing though a book and some guy came up to me and said I was Beautiful. I thanked him, being kind and all, he then said my book was beautiful as well. That kinda creeped me out, but I said thank you and went back to reading, hoping he'd take the hint and move along. 

He didn't.

He sat down on the same bench I was, rattling about something. I smiled and nodded, like the old adage says. He then leaned over and asked if I would stand up. I answered No. He said he wanted to give me a hug. Again I said no. He then stood up and tried to get a girl walking into the library to come over to him. She gave him a look that said hell no and went into the library. I tried to concentrate on my book, but I did smell the scent of alcohol come from him when he sat down again.

He muttered something and then leaned over again to ask me if he could KISS ME. I responded with "I Don't think my FiancĂ© would appreciate it." He blinked "W-What?" I repeated myself and he then apologized several times. I told him it was okay, hoping he'd get the hint and leave me alone. He didn't for the second time he asked if I'd stand up so he could give me a hug. I declined again, praying for Richard to get there soon. I was tempted to go back into the Library, but I was afraid he'd try to hug me when I stood up. 

His friends finally came up and I swear, he was about to start a fist fight right there. I was also wishing I had brought my cell phone with me, so I could have called the police or something. Rich finally drove up and I was able to get away from the drunk. 

It scared me to no end that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment