09 February, 2010

Cause for Recent Snow Storms in the Eastern United States

I was purusing my facebook page today (still trying to get used to the new lay out) and a notification came up saying I had a new poll open that I could take, so I clicked.

The poll was basically what do you think is the cause of the recent blizzards in the Eastern United states? with the answers of Global Climate Change, Bad Luck or Others.

Now forgive me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember a little something call Winter, that comes every year about this time that brings snow, and rain and cold and wet to our part of the world for several months before giving way to spring. it's a cycle of the seasons that brings our different weather patterns, am I right?

so why is everyone freaking out over snow? Snow's good right? Snow means snow pack which means spring run off, meaning water in our streams, rivers, lakes and what not?

I've never lived anywhere where there's been snow longer than a few minutes, so I've never suffered a 'snow day' or been caught unable to drive to work because the roads are closed, so I don't get to comment on that 'fun'. I'm just confused on to why everyone has to point the blame at either Bush, or Obama, or Gore, or even GOD, when it's a NATUAL CYCLE of the planet's weather systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment