24 February, 2010

Is American a language?





While looking up things on FB, since I was slipping into my bored self, I stumbled across a banned page that called "YOU came here, YOU need to learn our Language".

I started looking at some of the pictures and found the one above, that I had seen in our insurance agent's office one day last year. anyways, off topic. I started reading some of the comments on a picture of our flag outside someone's home and under it they basically said " That's right, you need to speak American now"

someone under that commented that American isn't a language, it's not even a country



I don't know what to say, I know there's such a thing called AMERICAN ENGLISH. And it's not the same ENGLISH that they speak over in England, well it is, but what we mean, means something else over there, if that makes sense. I think most of the people that were commenting on those pictures were like the youth in the picture above.
I believe one needs to look up the facts before shooting their mouths off, because they might end up shooting themselves in the foot.

what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Well said, baby doll. And interestingly enough, our version of English may fast be becomeing a new language. I read somewhere that someone saw a sign in England in a store that read "English spoken here. American understood."

    ReplyDelete
  2. American English is now doing to British English what British English did to Ole English---time waits for no man, or no language! Thanks for your recent visit to TOTUS.

    ReplyDelete